Wednesday, October 21, 2015

A Day in the Life

Alright, guys! The long awaited day in the life post is here. ;)  Here's what my day with Ellie on Tuesday (yesterday) looked like - there are a couple pics from Monday mixed in, too.

5:30 am | Alarm goes off for Tyler to get up + get ready for work.

5:45 am |  Ellie is waking up and is grunting + squirming around like a little wiggly worm.  We play the whole put the pacifier back in her mouth game about ten times before I give up and talk to her to fully wake her up to avoid getting kicked in the face another five times.

6:00 am | We're up, daddy!  Ellie and I head out into the kitchen to say bye to Tyler and get breakfast ready.  I feed Ellie breakfast - prunes + oatmeal, yum.  After she eats, I pop her in her exersaucer, turn on Disney (Sheriff Callie's on at 6:30, thank God!), and run into the kitchen to grab my breakfast and make some coffee.  Ellie lasts about ten minutes in her exersaucer before she decides she completely all set with that and we move onto toys on the floor.  We play and watch TV for about an hour.

7:45 | Crankiness Part I sets in and I give Ellie a bottle and she falls asleep after drinking an ounce or two.  After rocking her to sleep for a few minutes (I've learned my lesson putting her down too soon after she falls asleep), I put her down in bed for a nap.  While she's napping, I drink my now lukewarm coffee and finish a little felt flower headband I started about two weeks ago.  It came out a little bigger than I had planned, but I've got 41 other colors of felt to try it with, so I'm going to try making some more. :)

8:30 |  Ellie's up!  We play for about an hour, Ellie has some more of her bottle, and I push her in her stroller around the house until she falls asleep because clearly, she woke up from her nap too early (Crankiness Part II).  I clean up from breakfast, wash bottles, unload the dishwasher + reload the dishwasher.

10:30 |  Another quick nap is over and Ellie and I cuddle then play some more.  We've now played with all of her toys approximately fifteen times each and it's not even 11:00.  Boredom sets in.

11:00 |  Bath time + dance party!  Ellie still loves her baths so after she's clean, she'll hang out in her tub while I dance and sing to some of our favorite country jams.  She thinks I'm hilarious (can't blame her).  I get her dressed, but not before taking some pics in her new headband!  
12:00 |  More playing, a little bit of a bottle, and then it's lunch time.  On today's menu: peas, peaches + bananas, in layered spoonfuls with peas strategically positioned in the middle layer.  Spoiler alert - she's having the leftovers for dinner.

Ellie wanted to bring a friend to lunch, I vetoed that idea.

1:00 |  Some more playing, and then I grab a quick shower.  Ellie hangs out in her rock n play (that we keep in the bathroom, in case our one bathroom wasn't small enough already), and chews on some of her toys.  Ellie is especially well-behaved today and I can almost enjoy my shower in between games of peek-a-boo with the shower curtain and even get to shave part of one leg before she starts fussing!  I smear some moisturizer on my face, brush my hair + throw it in a bun, and bring her in the bedroom while I put on some sweats.  Somewhere in here I've also managed to stuff something in my mouth for lunch too quickly to even remember how it tastes.

1:30 |  Outside we go!  We venture across the street to get the mail, make faces at ourselves in the car windows, and walk around the driveway about one hundred times.  Ellie falls asleep in my arms and we head back inside.  She sleeps in our bed again while I fold some laundry.

2:45 |  Up again and ready to play for a while longer.  After reading some books, chasing kitties, playing airplane and having another bottle, we call dad because we're waiting to see when he's leaving work - he's already left and stopped at the grocery store because these cabinets are pretty bare!  We head outside again, do another one hundred laps around the driveway, and swing on the hammock.  Ellie falls asleep on the hammock, we swing for a little bit longer, and head back inside.  I put Ellie down in bed again and work on cleaning up the kitchen and bathroom (Tuesdays we try to clean up since I go to work Wednesday-Friday).

 5:30 | Ellie's up just as daddy gets home from work.  We watch him unload groceries, Ellie has her dinner, and I squeal over the three pictures we got to see from our family photos this past weekend!  Tyler brings home some pumpkin beer and we share one, he heats up dinner (leftover chicken parm I made Monday night), and we eat while Ellie sits in her bouncer.

6:30 |  More toys + TV while we hang out with daddy for a bit.  I get up to vacuum, Tyler finishes cleaning up and I give Ellie another bottle.  

8:00 | Crankiness Part Million (??) sets in and I bring Ellie into the bedroom to watch TV and wind down.  After walking around with her pacifier for fifteen minutes, she's asleep - I swear she never falls asleep this early.  She wakes up crying for no apparent reason at 9:00 and then is down for the night.  Tyler and I get to relax until bedtime (yay!).  I write this post, clean up the jumbo container of cat treats that some creature knocked out of the closet + spilt all over the freshly vacuumed kitchen floor (so much for that diet), make a bottle to put in the fridge for when Ellie inevitably wakes up at 3:00 am (because pouring water + measuring powder is a complete joke when you just roll out of bed with a crying baby in one arm), and crawl in bed with my babe by 10:00. I can't sleep because I've got that "Sunday night blues" feeling but just stay in bed and cuddle with sleeping Ellie for about an hour until I finally fall asleep. And like clockwork, 3:34 comes around and it's time for another bottle...

There you have it!  Any similarities to your days?  I love to hear about other people's daily schedules, so please share if you've posted about yours.  :)  Some days are better than others, but Ellie was very well-behaved the past couple days - makes it that much harder to leave her for work.  

Hope you're having a great week! :)


  1. Loved this! My day involves a number of short lived, waking too early because you're clearly still cranky, naps as well! Your felt flower is adorable! & I know the feeling of projects going on f o r e v e r before you're done! Love that you're watching some Sofia the First. I'll regret saying this but I see you're watching the episode when the Buttercups meet Mossy the forest monster lady. Yeah. Isla is a Sofia fan. I was pretty positive it was that one & showed her the tiny glimpse of it on your tv to confirm before I wrote this. You know, so I wouldn't be wrong and run the risk of sounding like a fool. Oh wait.....think I've accomplished that all on my own ;)

    1. Lol I love that you two knew the episode. We keep Disney on all day in the background so we definitely get our Sofia the First fix in! Kind of strange because I never watched TV until Ellie was born, but now it somewhat keeps her attention so it's okay by me. ;)

  2. Wow! What a busy day!! Oh how I love that felt bow you made! Please share a post on how you made it! Want to make one for my niece!! :) I think you have a pretty good idea on how my day goes! No babies yet. Wake up, work, eat, sleep, repeat LOL


© Life as a Noel. Design by FCD.